Sunday, February 22, 2009
In my Internet playtime I came across the following Meme. I don't know how it's missed me until now, but I immediately realized it would be perfect to bring my fellow RWUers out to play. Come on, kids. Let's hear your answers. These are mine:

1) One romance book you've read more than once.

The Kadin by Bertrice Small. My first Bertrice Small and still a classic, imho. What a heroine! And the storyline was amazing. I never tire of studying the history, the turns of phrase, the beauty of that plot.

2) One romance book you want on a desert island.

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb. The ultimate hero who wins the heroine's heart with a gift of real coffee. Oh, the brilliance of these characters. I could read that book every day and always find some subtle nugget I missed before.

3) One romance book that made you laugh.

Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. The cereal killer scene is one I use in my humor workshops to show how easy a one-liner can be. Perfection!

4) One romance book that made you cry.

The Dream Thief by Shana Abe. In the gym, no less. I wept like a hysterical idiot.

5) One romance book you wish you had written.

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. But I probably would have stopped at one book. I never liked the rest of the series.

6) One romance book you wish you could alter the ending of.

The only books I can think of for this weren't romances, which is what I'd change. :-) Oh, wait. Maybe Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Blasphemy? Maybe. But I would have loved a little more insight into why the heroine fell for the hero to begin with.

7) One romance book you are currently reading.

Glitter Baby by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Though, I admit, I'm so busy with my own wip, I haven't even cracked open the binding yet.

8) One romance book you have meant to read.

I'm kinda eager to get my hands on Carrie Lofty's What a Scoundrel Wants. I've heard great things about it and I love the premise! Next trip to the bookstore, that one's going into the cart.

9) One romance book that changed you or your views in some way.

Skye O'Malley by Bertrice Small. Before Skye, I never read a romance where the heroine truly loved more than one hero.

10) One romance book made into a movie that you liked both the book & the movie.

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding. The lead roles in the movie were exactly perfect for the characters in my head.

Labels: , ,

posted by Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon at 10:23 AM |

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Blogger Ellie Heller said........
This looks like fun! I'll post my responses in a day or two.